Monday, December 8, 2008

There's no place like home for the Holidays...


I was reading in the Ensign last week and started crying at President Monson's first paragraph of his Christmas message.
HE SAID:
At this season of the year, the airways are filled with the music of Christmas. My heart often turns to home and to Christmases past as I listen to some of my favorite Christmas songs, such as this one:

Oh, there’s no place like home For the holidays, ’cause no matter How far away you roam If you want to be happy in a million ways For the holidays, you can’t beat Home, sweet home.

One writer said: “Again Christmas, abiding point of return. Set apart by its mystery, mood and magic, the season seems, in a way to stand outside time. All that is dear, that is lasting, renews its hold on us: we are home again.”
He is right, there truly is no place like home for the Holidays and I am so thankful that I will have one!


I am truly blessed. I see the path my life has taken and I am in awe of our Father's amazing abilities. He is truly aware of each of us as individuals. He knows our NEEDS and will put us where we need to be to accomplish his purposes. He sees us better than we see ourselves. He gives us opportunities to make choices. He sees our weaknesses and allows us to be tested to prove who we really are to Him (and to ourselves). I am so thankful that he has prepared this place for our little family. I look forward to this new chapter and all of the wonderful memories we will make. I look forward to the gorgeous yard, the kind neighbors, the proximity to civiliztion, closeness to family, being with Doug more and most importantly to the fact that I will be able to live here and be a full time mommy to the most important people in the world. I feel like this process has tested me in many ways and I feel like I have passed the test. So thanks be to God for my wonderful new home. For my husband. For my children. As the T-shirt I'm wearing right now so proudly proclaims... My life is a Kick-A fairy tale!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations Christie. I am so happy for you and your family. Your words about how our Father in Heaven watches over us and allows us to be tested to prove who we are is so true and so relevant to me right now. I needed to hear some of these things today. Thank you.

Crystal said...

I'm so excited!

Liz said...

What a fabulous home. It is beautiful.

Amanda said...

Beautiful Home Christie!! You are fabulous, and the fact that you bought one of the Seriously So Blessed t-shirts makes me love you anymore. Oh, and as the Love Guru, I need your advice stat! Maybe we can catch up while i'm home for a month :)

It"s me said...

Yea for a house! It looks lovely! Can't wait to see what it looks like when you guys move in!

Amber Gardiner said...

YAYAYAYAYAY!

A home for Christmas...you did it, I'm so proud of you!

Amy said...

Good to hear it is all coming together. Happy settling in your home for the holidays!

LeShel said...

thanks for your post and sharing the message from President Monson. I'm happy that you can settle into home.

Wendy Evans said...

Yeah... Home for the Holidays! It looks like such a beautiful home and a place that you can feel grounded again in... Congrats!

Jenney Rees said...

Congrats! Your home is beautiful and I'm so glad you were able to move in and get settled. And now I know someone close by :-)