I found a few gray hairs today. They aren't my first. My first was a couple years ago. I plucked it out, put it in a baggy, cried for an hour and lamented the demise of my youth. I then pledged never to see a gray again and was better about getting my hair done.
And now it's been months since I've cut or colored my thin hair. Grooming is pretty low on my to-do list due to all that I'm dealing with right now. So today when I saw the grays I had a much different reaction: Hello girls! Welcome to my head. I don't love them, but it makes sense that they're here. And let's face it, I can't pluck them out. I have very few hairs left as it is! My poor body has been through the ringer. I have earned them.
Today is my anniversary. I've been a married woman for a year over a decade. I'm a mother of 2.75 children. Tomorrow I'll be 32. People at the grocery store call me ma'am. The youth ship has sailed.
And I'm cool with that.
I'm one year older and maybe this year I can actually say that I'm a bit wiser too.
2 years ago

6 comments:
Gee, I hope gray equates with wise. That would be a nice benefit for me. My dear sweet friend you are wiser than your years AND your grays! Love you!
I love your attitude. I hope I can be so wise someday. However, I will say, I firmly believe in that cliche that age is just a number. It is our attitude toward life that determines how "old" or "youthful" we are. You're still plenty youthful in my book . Love you.
A beautiful 32 year old!
The best of us have a couple of grays--it means we're living life to its fullest. =)
Happy birthday...scratch that...happy everything. Love ya and praying!
Happy Birthday and welcome to the world of grey! Prayers, always. ♥♥♥♥
Post a Comment