Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Lookalikes?



From 2002-2003 I spent 40 laborious weeks gestating a child only to have her coming out looking like the mirror image of her father.

From 2006-2007 I endured 40 more weeks of torture only to produce a child that looked exactly like...no one. Blonde hair, blue eyes. If I hadn't watched the event with my own two eyes I would have thought they switched my baby at birth. When people ask me where Libby's looks came from I like to say, "Well, there was this one crazy day at the mailbox." It makes me laugh. It probably does not make Leila laugh as she is full of decorum and grace; traits that I am...ahem...shall we say, lacking?

It wasn't till Henry, Robert and Erin's oldest, was born that I thought my daughter looked like anyone!

Well, I snapped this picture of Libby on her birthday and thought that maybe, just maybe there is an inkling of me in wherever she came from.

6 comments:

Jeana said...

I totally see the resemblance. =)

The Leonards said...

I see the resemblance as well! I am still upset that my one daughter, who came out with red hair, now has blonde! I really wanted a redhead girl but all three of them are blondes which will more than like turn brown when they are older, just like their papa!

Cami said...

I think you're both adorable!

LeShel said...

so cute! she does look like you. i love those moments when people tell me my kids look like me.

thefirewoman said...

I can see it!!

Rachel

in time out said...

love it! both beautiful ♥

been thinking of you since we talked. I do hope you have some resolve and are beginning to feel wonderful.