In trying to be zen, I took off last week with Erin for a whirlwind 18 hour road trip to St. George to surprise my mom and see J. Kirk Richards' art show. And what an 18 hours it was. I was propositioned on the freeway by a joint smoking, Miami Vice Jacket wearing, Land Rover driving individual. I gestured to my wedding ring and did my best to duck while calling Doug to say, "Baby, I've still got it!" The next part of my story is really Erin's so I'll leave it by saying that I'm glad I didn't deliver Erin's baby somewhere near Parowan!
In the end we ended up being only 30 minutes late to the art show! A crazy trip but was it ever worth it. J. Kirk was oddly cool. I think my mom about burst with Joy that we came. And Erin about burst with a baby!
If you're ever in St. George take a minute to go through Authentique Gallery in ancestor square and view the work of J. Kirk Richards Just don't buy this one. It's mine. I plan on buying it when I'm a New York Times Best Seller.

6 comments:
Um, wow. That's a lot of exclamation points!
Glad you guys had a good time. I know you've still got it, Chris!
Ok I LOVE that painting!!
oh baby. literally. I am so glad that we now have so many memories to laugh at!
That is a great painting.
I love the title to this post!
Post a Comment